WHO WE ARE
The California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (CACS) was first initiated in 1997 as an independent chapter of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS). Dedicated to the advancement of patient care in cosmetic surgery, the CACS represents a multi-disciplinary assembly of physicians and surgeons.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Quality education and interaction with leaders in cosmetic surgery
- Opportunities to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in the cosmetic surgery field
- Leaders in the political movement to validate the cosmetic surgery sub-specialty through effective representation
- A forum to present your ideas
- Public and legislative representation
- Discounted rates with industry vendors for CACS Members ONLY
- Certificate of membership
- CME credit and discounted fees for all Academy-sponsored meetings
- Subscription to THE VOICE, a quarterly newsletter about CACS events and cosmetic surgery issues
- Listing on CACS website’s surgeon finder, including website link from Academy’s site (Fellows & Residents ONLY)
- New member listing in THE VOICE, the premier newsletter for cosmetic surgeons
- Committee assignments, leadership opportunities and voting privileges (Fellows ONLY)
Upon receipt of a completed application and dues fee, the application is forwarded to the Membership Committee for review. The Membership Committee recommends approval of applications to the Board of Trustees, provided all requirements are met. You will be notified by email approximately two to three weeks following submission of your application. Your membership certificate will follow shortly after, upon approval.
Upon approval by the Board of Trustees, CACS Active Membership may be granted to a physician (MD or DO), or to a dentist, (DDS or DMD), or to a physician Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS), or an ABOMS Candidate, practicing in the USA, Canada, or Mexico, who holds a license in good standing with their respective licensing board. Fellows are eligible to vote and hold elective office.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of board certification (if applicable)
- Copy of valid medical license
- Endorsement form
Resident membership may be granted to any physician who is participating in active residency or fellowship training and who has an interest in the field of cosmetic surgery. Residents membership dues are waived until completion of their residency or training program. After that time they will be obligated to apply for an upgrade to Fellow status.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of current medical license
- Endorsement form (signed by residency or fellowship director including start and end dates of program)
Upon approval by the Board of Trustees, CACS Affiliate Membership may be granted to any aesthetician professional including but not limited to NP, RN, PA, MA, Aesthetician, Office Manager or Staff.